Once in a while, pests and wildlife may invade your home. Pests can spread diseases and damage your property, which may cost you thousands of dollars in repairs. Besides, pests are unsightly, which gives you more reason to remove them from your home or business as quickly as possible. At Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife, we offer effective pest control in North Reading MA. Our services include wasp, ant, and bee control.
Common Pests That Invade Homes
Pests that commonly invade homes include mice, rats, dust mites, bed bugs, cockroaches, and termites. These can be found in various areas around your home, such as the basement, attic, cabinets, furniture, and walls. Pests are particularly fond of dark, dank, and hidden corners.
What Attracts Pests to Your House?
The following may attract pests into your home:
- Garbage – Exposed garbage easily attracts insects such as ants and flies due to its smell. Garbage is one of the main reasons why mice, rats, and raccoons can invade your property. You can avoid this by keeping the trash properly bagged and ensuring the bin is always covered.
- Spilled Food – leaving spilled food on the floor or surfaces for some time is a sure-fire way of inviting cockroaches, rats, and ants to your home. Clean any spilled food right away and check behind the stove for any crumbs that may have fallen unknowingly.
- Clutter – Clutter provides pests with suitable hiding places. Get rid of items lying around the house that you no longer need. It would help if you also stored the things that you don't regularly use in sealed boxes and bags.
- Stagnant Water – Stagnant water provides a breeding place for insects such as mosquitos. Clear any patches in your compound, as the pests that hatch there will eventually end up inside your house.
What are the Effects of Pest Invasion in Homes?
Pests can have the following effects in the house:
- Ruin Wooden Structures – Termites, ants, and woodworms can cause extensive damage to wooden furniture and walls when left untreated. This will not only ruin the appearance of the structures but also weaken them, which will lead to costly repairs.
- Destroy Clothes – Moths and mice are examples of pests that can chew through fabric, leaving behind undesirable holes.
- Spread Germs and Infections – Pests pass through filthy places such as sewers and garbage bins while making their way into your house. As a result, they bring in germs and bacteria that can lead to infections. An example is the Escherichia Coli bacteria spread by cockroaches. Consuming food contaminated by bacteria from the cockroaches can cause urinary tract infections.
- Cause Allergies – Stings, dust, saliva, and droppings from various pests can induce allergic reactions. Some of these allergens may even aggravate asthmatic symptoms.
- Poor Hygiene – Pest droppings, dead insects, and leftover fur are some of the things you may come across when your house is infested. Ants may also bring dust into the house, while rodents can carry fleas and ticks into your home.
Get Rid of Destructive Pests
Keep your house from becoming a breeding place for pests by contacting Eastern Pine Pest & Wildlife today. Call us on 781-334-8655 if you’re looking for effective pest control in North Reading MA.